Saturday, March 04, 2006

The city seemed to fade, evaporate or was it just me?

Thursday, February 09, 2006


The city seemed to fade, evaporate or was it just me?

I'm sitting on the stairs infront of the Duomo. Big burlesque gothic cathedral thing hawking of the masses, hordes of humans scouring around in the neo-modernistic plaza. Or is it Piazza? The monstrous iron gate to gods house are guarded by firearm wearing sentries. This is wierd, almighty God.

I'm rolling a cigarett and a rastafarian italian is coming up to me. Flipping a green lighter in my face. Weird moment, good guy though I think to myself, I'm gonna miss him.

My senses suddenly register something is mising in this postcard photo. By God! Where are all of the pre-pubescent italian girls with their banners? Shouldn't they be here by now? Cheering at Jesse McCarthney or Blue or who ever of the sugersweet slimey corporate popmusical whores? Where are they? Personaly I blame MTV.

The subway train on the red line direction Sesto F.S. is a reminder of 60ies thecnology still running in the infatile years of the millenium. It's smacked with mongering italians and what's this, a carneval of gypsies just got on. No man, No! Please don't serenade me with your carny music. There's even a little kid with violin.
The music don't provoke a singel reation in the masses of subway faces peering in the window to catch blackened reflection of them self.
The kid want money! Here take this, 50 cents.

Oh quick sidestep, evade those brown landmines on the sidewalk of this town that is whoremarked by them. I count atleast 58 cigarett butts and 9 dogshits on my breif walk from the metro to the apparment door.

Cheap wine in a drinking glas. I am pondering about all these people I seen today. What are their hobbies? Do they enjoy Bingo? Have they got any character or are they just clones of magazines and movies? Will anything they do matter? In 100 years they will all be dead. Every single one of the, the entire planet. So what makes a difference?
Well atleast it's been 14 C today....

No comments: